To say that Thailand is beautiful would be a huge understatement
This Southeast Asian country is covered by pristine jungle in the north, white sandy beaches in the south, and coral reefs teaming with marine life. But Thailand’s real attraction is its people. Thais are known for their warmth and hospitality, their rich and beautiful culture, and their entrepreneurial spirit!
SAGE volunteers have the opportunity to get to know the culture more intimately by volunteering with children at an orphanage and a school near Phuket. Help kids and families still impacted by the 2004 tsunami that devastated the region. From classroom instruction, to sustainability programs, to farming and sports coaching, there are a variety of volunteer projects available. Discover this amazing country while experiencing local life and giving back. If you’re a college student looking for an internship, contact us for some exciting opportunities!
- Enriching children’s lives at the Southern Thailand Orphanage
- Special education for disabled children
- Building confidence at the Burmese Learning Centre
- Interact, play and help with basic English at the Kuraburi Nursery
- Teach multicultural classes at the Kuraburi Junior School
- Available to ages 18 and older
- Participants come from around the world with a variety of backgrounds. Anywhere from 1-5 volunteers can be on location at any one time
- All service program costs
- Pick-up and drop off at the Bangkok airport
- Majority of meals – inquire about details
- On-site supervision and service at all program locations
- 24 hour support in the US
What’s Not Included:
- International airfare
- IPassport and visa
- Additional food and bottled water
- Souvenirs, personal expenses like laundry, sunscreen, entertainment, etc.
- Travelers insurance and trip cancellation insurance
Volunteers are provided furnished housing on-site. In some locations volunteers will be provided with nearby off-site housing.
- 2 weeks…………..$1369 – $1509
- 4 weeks…………..$1979 – $2149
- 8 weeks…………..$2829 – $3419
- 12 weeks…………..$4349 – $4719
Prices are approximate and vary based on project and location. SAGE volunteers customize their own programs and dates. Please contact SAGE about your customized program.
Getting immersed in the culture of India and getting to know and love the children was the greatest. When the students would cling to me at the end of class, and tell me how much they enjoyed having me there was heartbreaking.Rachel W., Student
There is so much life, happening all the time. It's crazy to think that, after only three weeks, I feel like I've become accustomed to so much of how the world move.Saul S., Student
I just wanted to take a moment to formally thank you for another unbelievable and life changing trip. SAGE made it all possible and took the guesswork out of a potentially nerve wracking and complicated task.Amanda W., Trip Leader
“Every journey starts with a single step.”
Facts & Figures
Special Note: Thailand was known as Siam until 1939 and again from 1945 to 1949.
Thai (official), Burmese
Below Poverty Line
Carbon Emissions (%)